Have you felt your mood levels starting to shift into a downward spiral since the stay home orders have been put in place? There is no right or wrong way to feel when your world has been hit with a literal pandemic. Below are a few of our top suggestions for taking care of your mind and body while stuck in isolation.
- Get Outside: It’s no secret that Vitamin D can help support a healthy immune system and regulate mood levels. Parks and other outdoor recreational areas are beginning to open, but if you are still being cautious, you can take your dog for a walk, enjoy a cup of coffee on the porch, plant some flowers, the list is endless.
- Try A New At-Home Workout: Working out is also a beneficial way to keep negative thoughts at bay. Boost your endorphins with a workout class like, barre, kickboxing, cardio dance, yoga, and more.
- Eat Healthily: If you are already feeling down in the dumps or more anxious than usual, make sure that you are providing your body with the nutrients it needs. Also, make it a point to stay hydrated as well. A healthy body contributes to a healthy mind.
- Read A Book: Treat yourself to a new personal development book! There are loads of options out there to help you continue to grow into your best self. Reading is also great because it can take your mind off of things for a bit and allow you to prop your feet up and relax.
- Check A Home Project Off Your List: Completing a project is another awesome way to keep your mind busy and free from worry. Have you been wanting to clean out that closet, or paint your living room a new vibrant color? Now is the time!
If you find that you are having more than your normal amount of depression or anxiety, feel free to reach out to us. Our team would love to connect with you! Remember, you are never alone in this battle.
Click here to learn more about our services.